February 04, 2010

In Celebration of Straight A's

When all three of your grade school kids get STRAIGHT A"S- you simply must celebrate. Of course they have gotten straight A's ever since they have been in public school - but that's even more reason to celebrate. I was helping in Katry's class a couple of months ago. She showed me a paper that she got an 89% on in Accelerated Math. I played around with her- chastising her for this grade, and a nearby student was amazed that an 89% wasn't good enough. I explained that nothing less than an "A" grade was acceptable- he was astonished. Our kiddos are certainly capable of it- and they give you what you expect! Its a win win situation! :)
This cutie is a great student also. I just love what a sweet fellow he is.
So to celebrate- each of the kids got to pick an activity. Seth chose sledding, Brig a movie and Katry chose swimming.
Katry is the best helper around. I am so glad I have her- I can always depend on her. Kai adores her and I am so excited she will soon have the sister she has been hoping for.
These two are a lot of fun. I love their adventurous spirit and the way they are always up for a good time!
Let the races begin.
Kai loved the speed- but he didn't care so much for snow flying in his face.
I can't help but smile when I see these cute, smiling faces.
I even did a little sledding. It was a pretty bumpy ride- so I only did about ten runs. I am glad I did though- it keeps you feeling young.
Kaleb is getting pretty good on the snow board. I love that he is not afraid to try and keep trying.
"In truth a family is what you make it. It is made strong, not by number of heads counted at the dinner table, but by the rituals you help family members create; by the memories you share; by the commitment of time, caring, and love you show to one another; and by the hopes of the future you have as individuals and as a unit."

2 comments:

Kelly said...

looks like a PARTY! Wish we could snap our fingers and come have a snow ball fight with you!
Way to go with the Straight A's! Keep it Up!

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

Good job to the kids with the grades and for the parents who help it happen!!!
Also - I figured out today what to do to keep up with your awesome quotes that make me almost cry - I am making a file of them - I will cut and paste them all together . . . that way I can read them together - THANK YOU for putting them on there! LOVE THEM!!!!