May 24, 2010

Kiddo Update

                             Wow!  There are so many things going on this time of the year.  I love it!!!
Seth's 4th grade class has this cool "Wax Museum" that they put on.  Each student picks a person from history and writes a report on them.  Then they memorize it and perform. 
They stand in the room frozen- until someone pushes their button- Seth's is located on his hat.  When the button is pushed they come to life and deliver their presentation and then go back to being frozen.  Seth chose General Patton- because we already had a uniform and you have to be dressed in character.  I know we have a lot of military in both families- so please no comments on his authenticity. :)  He did a great job and through out the process his teacher chose him as the example to follow.  Way to go Seth!

 Brig went through an inaguration process at Hillcrest High school- since he is the 9th grade class president.  It is hard to tell in the picture- but there is a sword in the stone in front of him.  They are the Hillcrest Knights.  He is pretty excited and has loved all the extra activites he gets to be involved in.
Katry and Seth went to a piano recital.  Brig got to skip it- due to soccer responsibilities.  The piano teacher did however, tell us that she wants to set up Brig and her daughter when they get older.  I think thats a pretty good endorsement of a child- when someone is impressed enough to trust your daughter with them. :)  
They did a great job at the recital.  I just wished they loved to play.
 
These two little monkeys are just a blast.  We love playing bingo, memory games, dressing up, learning to read and math games.  I love these ages.
 
Laini Cakes at two weeks old.  She is still just as scrumptuous!
 
           "The principles of living greatly include the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and trial with humility."    Thomas S. Monson

3 comments:

Charity said...

Hey cute Heather!
We love your cute family- as always they are just fabulous. What kind of math games do you play.... I need some ideas;)

Kelly said...

Looks like a lot of Fun has already hit the Redd home and summer is only beginning! Wish we could have heard the Concert. Perhaps we could have a family talent show at the Reunuion...? Oh your lil Babe is sooo SWEET!
Love you all!

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

We have a bird outside out door too - we call her "pyscho robin" she's been her 2 years since we left her nest there - but I think this summer her nest will move! (:
I love the wax musuem idea!!! I had some friends in TX that their son did the same thing - good project!