After the "incident", we would ask Kai if he wanted to go swimming again. He would get a very serious look on his face and shake his head saying- No, I sinked. We would then ask him if he remembered what happened and he would say, - I sinked and then Dad pulled me out. Then we would tell him he would be fine swimming cause he would always have his lift jacket on, and he would smile and nod his head saying- yea, okay!
About two weeks later we headed to the pool, he was pretty nervous- as you can imagine. His head went under after going down the slide and he came up screaming. Brigham was so great with him though and just worked through everything. Within 15 minutes he was laughing and playing and back to normal. We went swimming again this weekend. He put on his life jacket and jumped in like nothing had ever happened.
It's good to be resilient!
1 comment:
Oh my golly, I read this post crying the entire time! I wanted to jump throught the computer and hold kia and then give you a giant hug. I am so sorry you all had to go through that. What a blessing it turned out like it did! I loved how Brigham stayed CALM he is an Amazing Man! Thank heavens for Blessings and Miracles! We LOVE you all and count our blessings we are family often!
Post a Comment