We had a great spring break. We decided to head back up to the snow with a couple of snow mobiles in tow. It was so BEAUTIFUL. The first day we followed the three hundred plus miles of groomed trails. It was delightful racing along in the majesty of the mountains. Kaleb sat up front and loved to put his arms out as we raced along. At first he just wanted to go "slowly", but that all changed very rapidly. As soon as we let him drive- he sped along faster than any of us.
I asked him several times if he was okay- since he was sitting up front- taking the brunt of the wind. Finally he answered-" Mom,...I am ALWAYS okay." He had a great time.
After a few hours we had three kids lulled to sleep by the roar of the snowmobiles.
Kai was a champ. He slept pretty much the whole time wrapped up in the snuggly on my chest.
On Monday- we took the snowmobiles out again. This time we pulled off to the side of the road and blazed our own trails. This was definitely the funner day. It was great being able to explore, dodging through the pine trees and following deer tracks. The whole trip was just delightful.
Our hotel had an indoor water slide that was one hundred feet long, and it was well used by all of us
Fun Fun!! Snowmobiling has to be one of my favorite family vacations!! About 4 years ago it was just mom, dad, K, and I and we went up to Yellowstone, it was SO fun, we were able to do the same thing, make our own trail and explore, so so fun! I can't wait to see you this weekend!
I've never been snowmobiling before, but it's on my list of things to do someday. What a fun spring break (even though it looked cold). I loved Kaleb's comment--sounds like something Jonah would say, too. :)
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
The Founders
True Love doesn't have a happy ending- True Love never ends
3 comments:
Fun Fun!! Snowmobiling has to be one of my favorite family vacations!! About 4 years ago it was just mom, dad, K, and I and we went up to Yellowstone, it was SO fun, we were able to do the same thing, make our own trail and explore, so so fun! I can't wait to see you this weekend!
What a Fun Day! I am glad you ended it being nice and warm!
LOVE The water photos... looks like you have some real Fish! Even little Kai.
We LOVE you!
I've never been snowmobiling before, but it's on my list of things to do someday. What a fun spring break (even though it looked cold). I loved Kaleb's comment--sounds like something Jonah would say, too. :)
Post a Comment